My Winter Warming Soup

18:47

Today I fancied making soup but was unsure what kind so I headed to the shops and I ending up picking up some beetroot, parsnip, fennel and ginger. (Beetroot being a favourite of mine at the minute.) I got home and came up with this wonderful gluten and dairy free creation to warm me up on a cold day. 

Roasted beetroot, parsnip and fennel soup
(serves 2)


Ingredients:
2 large beetroots
2 parsnips
1/2 fennel bulb
1 inch of ginger, grated
1/4 teaspoon turmeric
1/4 teaspoon rosemary
1 tablespoon of your preferred oil (I use rapeseed) 
2 cups cold water


Method:
1. Preheat the oven to 200 degrees.

2. Peel and chop the beetroot, parsnip and fennel into small chunks. 

3. Spread out onto a baking tray and drizzle with oil, making sure all the veg is covered. Roast for 30-45 minutes. (You may need to take the parsnip and fennel out at 30 minutes, beetroot may take a bit longer.) 



4. Once roasted, place all the veg in a blender or food processor along with the turmeric, rosemary and water. Blitz until smooth.

5. Pour the soup into a pan and heat for about 5-7 minutes until piping hot. You may want to add more water depending on the consistency you like your soup. 




Happy souping!


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe